Aug 20, 2015

Easy Tips to Healthy Living


I have been travelling A LOT previously and, let's be honest, no one wants to deprive themselves from fatty foods and workout every single day on holiday, there simply is NO TIME for that (I'd rather lie on the beach). So these tips are for those that want to stay healthy...BUT still wanna live a life.

If you are like me and want to at least maintain a certain amount of weight over the holidays for a big day (it was my graduation day straight after travelling) OR if you just don't wanna throw all your hard work down the dump, here are some ACTUALLY EFFECTIVE tips (and easy as hell). To be frank, I wasn't really trying to lose weight (I knew it would be impossible) during my family trip. I just kept the thought of stay healthy at the back of my mind.  To my surprise, after the 11 day family trip, I ACTUALLY DROPPED SOME POUNDS (or a considerably less bloated graduate portrait)...or at least i felt slimmer.

I was quite shocked because I really didn't do much and I swear it really wasn't that hard. I didn't deprive myself (massive ingestion of sugary foods...check!) or worked my arse off pumping irons every day (didn't even bring my trainers). The thing is, though, you'll need quite a bit of self-control and discipline (maybe just half a tablespoon more than usual?). 

So, without further chatter, here are my EASY-PEASY tips to health living: 
1. Drink water. It really isn't hard. Get yourself a 500ml water bottle, re-fill it 2 times a day, and your done. This might be TMI, but check the colour of your pee, it really should be a pale yellow (okay too graphic, sorry). If it's not, your body is dehydrated!! GET CHUGGING. 

2. Planking. Planking is a great way to train the core muscles, shoulders, arms, butt (what better could you ask for?). It requires the least amount of time, preparation or equipment. Plank in the hotel room, plank in the park, plank on the beach, as long as you have a flat surface, YOU GO, GURL! It also is a form of cardio, so the metabolism is sped up, too. Just one minute everyday will already serve you wonders.

3. Cut down on carbohydrates. No, it really isn't THAT depressing. You can still have garlic bread, pasta, and potatoes. Just cut down on carbs during the last meal of the day. I found that this tip helped me a lot with bloating. 

4. "Mum, can we share that?". Sharing is caring. If you know you'll be stuffed finishing the entire sundae on your own, share it with family or a friend. You don't really need to be THAT full to feel satisfied. It's best and the healthiest to eat 80% full. :)

5. Get Walking. Don't go back to your hotel straight after dinner, walk around and explore the neighbourhood. You won't necessarily 'walk off' the calories but it does help with digestion and...well maybe a teeny bit of calories? 

So that's it. These are the 5 easy tips for healthy living. As you could probably tell, there's not a lot of exercising involved. Yes, losing weight or staying healthy is more about what you put into your body than what you physically do ('you are what you eat' right?). It's more about making the healthier choices and moderations than a drastic change to your life cold-turkey.

I hope you liked my tips and found them useful (in some way). I am not a believer in fad diets, diet pills or crazy workout regimes. I just believe in small tweaks in everyday life to make you FEEL health mentally and physically. 

I hope you are well. 


Love,              


Vivien 

No comments:

Post a Comment