Aug 27, 2015

Skin Detox:: "Calm the eff down..."


I've been back in Hong Kong for almost a month now and, I've got to say, my skin had been freaking out ever since. It's probably the pollution, constructions and the humidity all combined into a cocktail aggravation to my skin. My skin is acne-prone to begin with, so breaking out is nothing new. I started to have these weird goosebumps on my forearm and joints. I feel like they might be due all these environmental allergens.

To combat these my aggravated skin condition, I decided to let my skin rest and to return to its natural form. I wanted my skin to be protected naturally from allergens without all the fragrances, parabens, and minerals. I really did not want to do too much to my skin at the moment.

I am strictly sticking to the following products as they are mostly organic or considerably more natural than others (fragrance free, paraben free etc...). Some of these products are quite new to me, so I will get back to you on my review on them.

So, after a long rant about my skin, here are the products I'm currently using to detoxify my skin:


1. Charisms Organic Baby Balm. This is a new find. I have been suffering from eczema on my hands as well (as if there isn't enough skin issues), where my hands are really dry, itchy and flaky. This was recommended to me by a friend who discovered this in an organic skincare shop. Although it is a baby balm (and so how it's marketed), it is actually a thick balm (sort of melts into a oil when you apply it) that contains organic, natural oils like jojoba oil, coconut oil, shea butter, chamomile extract and lots more. It claims to soothe eczema, dermatitis and rashes. This balm is quite thick and greasy to be honest, but desperate times calls for desperate procedures. It has this tea tree minty scent to it (contains both), which is quite fresh. I've only purchased it 2 days ago, so will yet need to see how it goes.


2. Pai Rosehip Bioregenerate Oil This is nothing new, really. In the summer months, I recommend ending your skincare routine with this. I think it provides enough moisture and nourishment in replacement for a serum and  a moisturiser. I find that my skin would feel overly greasy if I put another product on after. (Click here for more info)
3. Avene Thermal Spring Water Spray This honestly does not serve much purpose in terms of improving the skin. It is essentially soothes, calms and refreshes the skin. Thermal spring water had said to be able to comfort irritated skin (exactly what I need atm). I use this in place of a toner, to refresh my skin. I usually apply my serum (rosehip oil at the moment) while my skin is still a little damp from the spritz. This actually helps the skin to absorb the oils/serums much better.
4. Manufaktura Soft Calming Body Lotion Also a new purchase. I came across this Czech cosmetics brand during my Europe trip to Prague (the vlog will be on its way). This brand gave a very L'occitane-esque, farm valley, natural, kind of vibe (which I really liked). This was a bestseller and was aimed for babies and those with sensitive skin. The body lotion is free from dyes and mineral oils and barely has any fragrance. I've been using this for almost a month now and I feel that this body lotion is a fairly good product. It is perfect for the summer time as it is quite liquidy and cooling, too. I wouldn't say it is SUPER moisturising or that my skin is a baby's buttock, but it is a fairly good lotion given it is targeted towards sensitive skin.

I really hope these products would help with my skin condition. I'm also trying out other remedies (better, healthier diet, change sheets frequently and Chinese medicine), hoping they would all help.
I will check back on my thought on the new products later.


Hope you are well.


Love,            

Vivien


No comments:

Post a Comment