Aug 10, 2015

Current Favourites (slash) Life Update


Okay, this is it!
So I know I have kind of left this blog in the back burner for the past 2 months. I know, I know, I always say that I will be back regularly and disappear again.
WELL BELIEVE IT OR NOT, today is the day I am formally announcing that...
GRATITUDE MINTS IS BACK!!
Before anything though, I thought I should give a bit of a life update. 
So for the past 2 months, I have been through major life transitions (and A LOT of travelling). In a nut shell, my student life in London has come to an end and I'm back in Hong Kong now. And now that I have sort of settled down, I thought I should get back onto my blog. 

To be very honest with you, I slacked quite a bit the past 2 month (I could've posted something), I wanted to first make the blog look pretty before I post anything. S. Anyway, I beat myself up after being back and started learning how to switch up the 'look'. What you're seeing now isn't the end product, I'm slowing googling tutorials and youtube videos on how to reformat the layout (so stay tuned for that).

Okay, back to blogging. I actually have a lot of blogging ideas and series already planned (and maybe some travel videos here and there) and I am HOPING they will come soon. But without giving myself too big a mouth-full, I am excited to announce my posting schedule: new posts will be up every Thursday at 10pm (hong kong time), the equivalent of 3pm GMT (this post doesn't count, haha). I am really hoping that having a schedule would be easier for you guys (and for me too). 
And now, onto my current faves....

With that out of the way, here comes the juicy stuff (not really, just...more interesting). Since I was leaving London (and probably won't go back any time soon), I bought quite a lot of skincare and make-up products to try out. I've been trying these products out for a month now and I thought I would share it them.


(In order from left to right):
Avene Cleanance Mask: This product belongs to their Cleanance line, which is targeted towards oily and blemish-prone skin. It is basically a clay mask and a physical scrub in one tube. There are small granulates in white clay that helps remove dead skin. I have used face scrubs that have SUPER rough granules. I found that this leaves my skin super soft and silky, without causing redness. The good thing about a 2-in-1 product is that the clay sort of acts like a protection from the roughness of the salts. With combination skin, I tend to go a bit more gentle on my cheeks (normally dryer) and the clay sort of helps protect the skin from being over polished.
Pai Rosehip Bioregenerate Oil: I HIGHLY recommend this one. It is essentially organic rosehip oil (full-stop). I have never use a facial oil before, but I wanted to find a cheaper alternative to my Kiehl's Clearly Corrective Serum (see post), so I came across this product. It was on offer (15 quid, cheapest) and it was raved about. For me, I think it did reduce my acne scars significantly but my freckles were probably way too deeply pigmented to be removed completely. During my long-haul flight back to Hong Kong, this oil was the only moisturiser on me (yes, I forgot my face cream and masks...). After the flight I found that my skin was still plump and my cheeks didn't blush up at all (due to dryness). This oil is a true miracle-worker. 
Kose Suncut UV Protect Spray: When I travelled, I kept beating myself up for forgetting to pack this. This is essentially a super fine facial, hair, body UV protecting mist. I have to say, Asian sun care products are winning miles from european sun care products. I know I have mentioned La Roche Posay suncreens (see post) before, and yes those are still AMAZING in terms of their UVA protection. But GURL, ain't nobody wants to re-apply greasy sunscreen on the streets. Imma too hot for that sh*t!! (Ghetto-ed up, yes). Re-applying greasy lotion on top of the already greasy face is definitely not an option. THIS, my friend, is the miracle product. Just blot the access oil off and spray it on. VOILA!
L'Oreal Infallible 24-matte foundation: The final, and latest favourite of mine, is this ever-so-matte foundation. I didn't seem to realize the power of this until I arrived in Hong Kong and said 'Hello' to the humid, stuffy weather. This foundation was AMAZING at keeping my face matte during those hot summer days. I would say that this product is even more mattifying and oil absorbing than the Revlon ColourStay Foundation (which was an old fave of mine). 

PHEW!! This is a super long post. Whenever I start ramblin'? It ain't stoppin'. 
I hope you enjoyed this post, and please stay tuned for the new Gratitude Mints. :)

Hope you are well.


Love,       

Vivien

No comments:

Post a Comment