Aug 8, 2014

It's summer, Beaches!! || Getting fit for the sun, sea and sand.


It is officially SUMMER!!! Well actually, summer began a while ago and my holiday had actually started two months ago, but I have not been living on a schedule for a while (felt kind of lost I guess), hence explaining the messy posts. Well, let me get things right, I have finally gone back into a schedule and will hopefully share more with y'all. :)

Anyhow, every summer I sort of get into a cycle of wanting to get in shape for summer, trying really hard, and then failing and giving up. Luckily for the FIRST TIME in my life, last summer it was successful! I was invited to a boat party and knowing that I had to wear a bikini, I was determined to get in shape. I was pretty happy with the results after 2 months' hard work, and was confident to get into a bikini.

I must say, I was impressed at my determination back then, but things went down-hill once Autumn hit. I guess it was the change of lifestyle that made me put on the pounds. Believe it or not, I gained almost 8 pounds as Christmas struck!!! (Scary right?) I had been struggling to shed those pounds off since then, they always say 'It's easy to gain but extremely difficult to lose'. I didn't really realise the change, until the weather got warmer again. I realised I had gained some muffintops, beer belly, flabby arms and also felt fatigue and groggy all the time. I knew there was something wrong with my lifestyle.

It was at that point where I realised that I missed the times I would feel energised, strong and grounded after exercising. So I tried to get back on the bandwagon of exercising. I had a gym membership at university, so decided to run on the treadmill every other day to get fit. It did help a bit but the takeaway, late-night dinners and junk food slowed down the process.

So, now that I have more time to myself. I have decided to go on a fitness journey until the end of August. I know there is only 3 weeks left of the month, but I thought I would start making changes for August and see how things are. My goal is to tone up my body, build muscle, get into better shape and hopefully lose some weight. I must emphasise that weight lose is not the most important goal and I believe body shape and definition is what's important. I decided to share this on the blog, so that all of you will monitor me in this journey. I will give updates on my progress and share some of the tips that I found useful.

If you are interested to go on the fitness journey with me or have any tips you would like to share, please leave a comment down below. I would love to hear from you. :)

WISH ME LUCK!!
Hope you are well.


Love,         

Vivien

No comments:

Post a Comment