Aug 1, 2014

Emergency Kit for Acne-prone Skin || Daily Edition



I believe all girls had suffered from disastrous breakouts at some point of their life, no matter during puberty or every single month. I have highly acne-prone skin and so it is VITAL(yes, I have to put them in caps) to have an emergency kit, a set of acne-fighting products, that act as safety net for the difficult times. 

These four product are part of my daily skincare routine, which I cannot live without if I am breaking out. I will have to justify why my daily skincare is an 'emergency kit', these products are my must-use products when my skin starts to go downhill. If I have fairly good skin, I would try out other products. 

First up, I use the Bioderma Sébium H20 Micellar Solution (similar here.) to take off the residue makeup on my face after using a cleansing oil. I feel like this does wonders at taking all the gunk out of my pores after a long day. I used to use the Crealine Micellar Solution (the pink top), that kind is a bit more moisturising than this green top kind. I found that this type better for summer. My skin feels fresh and clean after using this. I wouldn't say that it is moisturising at all. I usually go into the shower right after I swab it onto my face, otherwise it makes my skin feel tight. 

Next, is the La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo anti-blemish cream. I must say, this product is a saviour for my skin. I can't be 100% sure, but I think my breakdown issue had died down since I've used this. When ever feel the devil floating up on the surface of my face, I put on the cream and take some time to massage the product into the spot. I found that the spot would die down the next day (AMAZING, right?). I must be honest, I was quite skeptical about this product at first as I've seen reviews about the purging period when you first use the product. Having 'okay' skin at the time made me hesitant to purposefully 'make my skin breakout again'. However, I decided to go with it anyway (I have nothing to lose, right?). I have to say, after a months' use, I did experience a purging period, there were a few spots that surfaced. The magic about this product is that kills the spot really quickly, so essentially I wasn't in breakout war zone for too long. After the purging period, it worked wonders on my skin, it prevented any breakouts, my skin would not have massive breakouts anymore. It is just a miracle product. 

Extreme circumstances calls for extreme precautions, the Thursday Plantation Tea Tree Medicated Gel for Acne is the spot treatment go-to for me. Thursday Plantation is an Australian brand, with there signature tea tree range. As you may know, tee tree oil/ products are great at battling acne and antibacterial. I used to use tee tree oil from The Body Shop, but after I tried the oil from Thursday Plantation, I don't think it can be compared. I feel like The Body Shop one is a diluted version of the Thursday Plantation one. If you are desperate for a strong effective zit-buzzing acne treatment, here it is. Unlike an oil that you will have to dab onto your zit and IT MIGHT slip off the zit, the oil would just drip off with gravity (This sounds so dramatic but it's true). I was so happy to find the gel as it would latch onto the zit and STAYS THERE, so the product maximises its effect on the zit.

Last but not least, I feel the importance of a whitening serum that removes the hyperpigmentations from acne. I feel like as much as it is important to prevent and treat active acne, getting it 'physically' off the face is vital for me. A holy grail product is the Kiehl's Clearly Corrective Dark Spot Solution. It is an magnificent product at minimising the appearance of acne scars, freckles, just all kinds of dark spots. I must say, this is more of a pricey product (36 pounds) but as it does its job well, I can't stop repurchasing it. Kiehl's claims that dark spot reduces visibly in 8 weeks which I believe is true, my freckles DID fade after using the product on a daily basis for 2 months (thumbs up for that).

So this is it for the daily edition of the emergency kit. I hope this information was useful for those who are also suffering from the acne problem. I know it may be frustrating at dealing with this problem, but stay positive as it is only temporary, it will eventually pass. :)

Hope you are well.


Love,            

Vivien


No comments:

Post a Comment