Jul 21, 2014

Gift Ideas: Men's Edition


Buying presents/gifts for others is always a serious and intense task for me. I'm always very nervous when it comes to coming up with gift ideas. "Would the person like the gift? Do they already own something similar? What if they don't like it?" All these questions flash through my mind as the cashier scans the barcode on the product. Amongst all people, I would say, the hardest type of people to get presents are men. I would narrow down to the group of boyfriends and brothers (young adults, I guess). 




Over the past few months, I've been struggling to come up with gift ideas for guys. I always feel like their interests are on a completely different tangent, in an area I have no knowledge of whatsoever. Due to my anxiety, I decided to do some research into 'guy stuff', just to make sure my choices were accurate.

I found that the best source of gift ideas for your significant other is his friends. Try asking his friends for ideas. If your 'guy' does not have any friends (which is highly unlikely) or if they are hard to reach. I found some really useful websites that talk about latest trends, new collections and fashion must-haves. Hypebeast is a really good site where you will find the latest trends and collections on street brands, designers etc. The site is more focused on men's wear and apparel, so is a go-to site for information. Another site is Urban Outfitters, this may not be a new site to many of you. Well, I feel like the people at urban do an incredible job at putting together some of the best items from different brands. If you are a lazy person or a last-minute buyer, THIS is the place to go. It is also worth checking out male bloggers and check out what is hot recently.

Anyhow, I comprised a list of gift ideas (see pictures above).

  1. Earphones are an easy idea. I would recommend doing some research for some decent quality earphones. It is always worth investing into better earphones rather than buying new ones every single year. I have heard that Denon earphones are pretty good and there is a range of prices, too.
  2. If the 'guy' is stylish or simply like being on trend, then jogger pants are a good option. They can be worn with just a simple tee and some trainers. I feel like they are very comfortable and easy to pair with any styles.
  3. Bags. Backpacks, to me, are fairly casual and but sometimes too big to bring on a daily basis. I really like messenger bags as they seem more light to bring around to work or to school. Honestly, guys don't bring a lot out (unlike women who could bring the entire house), so a compact bag would work perfectly. I like bags from Herschel as their designs are very simplistic. 
  4. Scarf. This may seem like a very boring idea, but I find this very practical. I think the key is to buy one that actually does its job or serves what the guy needs. My boyfriend complained that the scarf he owned was too heavy, even though it was warm enough. So I set out to find light weight scarves. I ended up getting this cashmere scarf from J. Crew as a gift. He liked the gift a lot, so the key is to LISTEN to their needs.
  5. Shirts. This, again, is a very straight forward option. Like scarves, it's best if you look at what styles or brands he normally wears and search in that area. Consistent with my 'theme' (street style, maybe?), I really like shirts from Concepts, especially as this is a shirt with polka dots. :)
  6. Lastly, speakers. Honestly, this idea is fairly similar to the earphones, but I feel like most guys have earphones / headphones, but not that many have speakers. I would recommend Harman Kardon speakers, I have seen a few of my guy friends use speakers from this brand and their sound quality is very good, you should consider looking into it.
I really enjoyed sharing my ideas with you, hope you liked them and found them useful.
Hope you are well.


Love,              


Vivien

P.S. Thé series had not ended yet, I will still post on that series. I just had some ideas and wanted to share it with you all. Thé series will still continue. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment