Aug 11, 2014

It's summer, Beaches!! || The SPF and PA+



Sun protection is SO important especially during summer when the sun rays are elevated. I cannot emphasise enough the importance of sunscreen. It prevents dark spots, sun burn and most importantly skin cancer.

As a typical asian girl, I don't really like getting tanned and embrace looking white. I have been searching for the best products that are suitable for my acne-prone, combination skin. That said, I have comprised 5 products that I think works wonders for me.


There are 3 factors that is the main criteria for a good sunscreen:

  1. Suitable for acne-prone skin,
  2. Not greasy or looks shiny after application, and
  3. Doesn't contain too much alcohol
Without further ado, here are my favourite sunscreens for my face and body. (Products from left to right)

The first product is the Sunplay Skin Aqua UV Mild Milk. I normally put this on before i do my makeup, it is quite moisturising but doesn't feel greasy at all. This product has an SPF 25 and PA++, which is not a super strong sunblock but since my foundations contain SPF as well, this is perfect for the job. This product is designed for sensitive skin, so it does not contain any fragrances, colorants or alcohol. I would recommend this product for basically everyone (esp. those with sensitive skin) who want some extra sun protection for a daily use. 

The second sunscreen is the Sofina Perfect UV White Protect Sunscreen. This sunscreen is thicker and heavier then the Sunplay one but offers better protection, SPF 50+ PA+++. This is also a good choice for daily uses and I would say is more suitable for summer. The sunscreen has a lotion consistency and after application, the skin feel dusty and a bit chalky (in a sense?) but leaves a dryer finish then the Sunplay. This product is really good for those hot, humid summer days as it is water resistant. Not to mention that it fragrance and colorant free. One downside that it contains alcohol (Eeekkk!), but not a whole lot as I could not smell the alcohol. Products containing alcohol forms shavings (like eraser shavings) when I put on the rest of my makeup or when I rub my face (not good). All in all, this product is pretty good for daily use in summer.

The last facial sunscreen is the La Roche Posay Anthelios AC Anti-shine Matte Fluid. This is a new favourite of mine. I bought it on sale back in the UK and thought I would try it out as their sun protection line is pretty popular. I was immediately in LOVE with this product, it has a SPF 30 and PPD 19 (which more than three times protection of PA+++). I was completely mindblown by the level of UVA protection. This product would protect ANY dark spots from forming on my skin. Similar with other products, this product is fragrance and parabens free, and highly water resistant. It is also tested on acne-prone skin (amazing property), which guarantees that it will not break you out. AMAZING product, you must try it. 

Moving onto the body sunscreen, La Roche Posay Anthelios XL Spray is my go-to sunscreen for the summer. Just like the previous product, fragrance and paraben free, water resistant (yada yada...). I wouldn't recommend this product to put on the face as it is quite greasy even on the body. I wouldn't say it is a product for daily use, but amazing for outdoor activities or sports.

Last but not least, is the Parasola essence in UV Cut Spray. This is the top one product out of the five, it is suitable for both the face and body. As I emphasise on products not being greasy, well, this product portrays the 'non-greasiness' to its best capacity. This product comes in a aerosol spray bottle and gives a extremely fine mist. This product not only provides sun protection, but also contains ingredients that you would usually find in skincare products: hyaluronic acid, coenzyme Q10, vitamin C, ceramide, amino acids and nano-collagen. Can you believe that you could actually treat your skin while protecting at the same time?! It also has this refreshing floral scent, which I find really flattering. This product is an all-round winner in the sun protection department, and I have already repurchased three of these. The only down-side to it (and I am sobbing about this) is that not a lot of stores carry this product, I actually got a friend to help me buy it from Japan. I have seen it in Citisupers in Hong Kong, but it is not commonly sold online. So hope the link to the product is useful to you. 

You may notice that 3 of the products are Japanese brands. I don't think I have mentioned it in any of my posts, but I am currently back home in Hong Kong on holiday, so these products are more accessible here. If you are overseas, feel free to check Sasa.com, Ebay or Amazon for these products. Please also check the links to the products. 

Hope you are all well. 



Love,           
  

Vivien

No comments:

Post a Comment