Jul 2, 2014

Summer Sales are ON!!


So it is official, the Summer Sales are finally ON!!! As a matter of fact, it started around two week ago, basically every single apparel brand (Zara, H&M, Pull and Bear..., and the list goes on) and department stores (House of Fraser, Selfridges, Harrods etc.) are on sale from around mid-June to the end of July. And this is usually the time where I am willing splurge on my wish-list items.

I've been to London for the past few days (I live in the outskirts of London.) and had been shopping for a bit. So I thought I would share my shopping with you all. 

I'm mildly obsessed with stationary (just all kinds of fancy stationary), but the irony is that I never want to use them. I just feel like they're too pretty to be ruined by my ugly handwriting (trust me, its appalling). I always 'save up' the pretty notebooks for 'something special' to mark down, but never end up writing in it. Do any of you do that, too? (or is it just me. HAHA). Anyway, I'm working on it now, trying to make use of the stationary I purchase. So I bought this extremely pretty To-do List Note Pad (Bottom Left), which is from Rifle Paper Co. and this stationary set  (including printed papers written "I often think of you." and bright orange envelopes) from Fawnsberg (Top Right). Both of these stationary brands make pretty, floral and creative stationary, but they are both on the pricey side (hence why I had to wait for the sales). They were both a bargain, I can't remember exactly, but the stationary set was originally £20 (I believe) and dropped to around £6, so they were worth buying. Now, the mission, for me, is to ACTUALLY USE THEM, and I think the To-do list pad would actually motivate me to get things done. 

Another recent love/ purchase is the Fortnum and Mason Black Tea with Peach (Top Left). I have actually never tried teas from Fortnum and Mason before, but knew there was a sale and thought I would browse around to see if I could find anything good. This product was actually a surprise find, it's not on sale, but it is still a reasonable price (£4.25 for 25 bags), so I thought I would try it out. I would say that this tea is my new favourite tea (I shall talk about my tea collection in a future post). Right off the bat, you could smell a natural peach scent when you open the box of tea bags. The tea is not sweetened but the sweet peachy scent just keeps coming. The peach flavour just makes me feel refreshed and satisfied. I have only tried it hot, but I reckon this tea would be delicious iced too, just the perfect summer tea. 

Hope you enjoyed this mini (teeny tiny) haul of mine. I've also been clothes shopping online, so might share it here, too. Keep posted. :)

Hope you are well.


Love,                   

Vivien


No comments:

Post a Comment