Jun 28, 2014

My New Obsession















Okay, here's the thing: I have been OBSESSED with flowers (fresh ones) lately. Well, this craze for flowers actually started when I received my very first bouquet of roses on Valentines day. I found flower very upbringing and fresh flowers made my room feel so much more alive, and want to stay in my room all day, everyday. After that, I saved up some of the rose buds, and made them into dry flowers as decoration.

After that, I looked up Instagram pictures of flowers and accounts that post pretty flowers, I'm not kidding most Instagram accounts I follow are those that post pictures of flowers. I have to admit I am a super fan of the Essiebutton blog and her youtube channels (go check them out, she is amazing!!). When getting my daily dose of her vlogs, I happened to see her go to the Columbia Road Flower Market in east London. It's basically is a sunday market that sells all kinds of flowers. I immediately googled about it, and planned a weekend trip to the flower market. 

After weeks of anticipation, I was finally determined to go!!! We took almost 30 minutes to get there (well, it should only be a 10 minute walk but we got lost, and I blame google maps), it was such a hot day so we took a pitstop at Shoreditch to get some iced tea. Ideally, you should get off the tube (subway, metro) at Liverpool Street station and just walk over, but I was being Little Miss Know-it-all and thought another station would be a shorter walk (clearly not true). 

The market was a pop-up 'market' along Columbia Road (hence, the name) and venders basically display flowers along the road. I must say there are some pretty-ass flowers there, such a shame I couldn't buy any home. Of course, I saw tonnes of my favourite Peonies (whoot! whoot!), I would say that Peonies may be the flowers that are best bloomed at home, because most Peonies were not fully bloom at the market. The other flowers (roses, sunflowers) were so pretty and fully bloomed, I couldn't stop snapping pictures of them (like a crazy woman). 

If you are flower phonetic (like me) than check out the flower market if you have time. :) 

Hope all is well. 


Love,                

Vivien

No comments:

Post a Comment