Feb 10, 2016

Be Jolie series Vol. 1 || General Favourites



Happy 2k16, Everyone!! New year, new beginning. It's that time of the year where we all have the excuse to start fresh again. New year's resolutions always give us some hope and aspiration to improve from the previous year. As a person that LOVES to make fresh starts, I've made some goals for the new year to keep me motivated.

With that being said, I'm starting a new series called Be Jolie! The word 'jolie/jolly' has two meanings: one, (the obvious) to be happy, and two, to be pretty (in french). I relate closely to the idea that beauty and happiness come hand in hand, and it is bidirectional. 

As means to be happy, feeling pretty and confident. This series will include different elements/or things I do to invigorate happiness and beauty, like mental wellness, fitness, beauty, makeup etc. I'm really excited for this series, so please stay tuned for it. 

To kick start my new series, I thought I would share with you some recent favourites I had discovered/rediscovered lately.

I've been in love with yearly organisers from The Beautiful Mess, and had purchased their organiser again for 2016. I've fallen in love with their calligraphy and the simplistic design. I also found that the weekly pages really benefitted me to organise my week with plenty of space to decorate and add different stickers. That said, there is one downside to the improved organiser. They used to incorporate inspirational quotes in each month, but they decided to take that idea out this year, which was a bit of a bummer. I cut out the quotes from my 2015 organiser and stick them in. :)

Number two! I've been bored and decided to order some books (books that I've always been wanting to get but never made the move) on Book Depository. I've purchased Cameron Diaz's new book The Body Book and, to my surprise, this book was not your standard 'I drink juice all day and workout for 6 hours a day' kind of book. Cameron worked closely with nutritionists and scientists to present the most accurate knowledge about everything (mind, body, food) and I love how she takes a more wise approach to health/wellness than many other dieting books. Her philosophy is what I see eye to eye with: we fuel our bodies with what it needs so it could allow us to travel further in life and achieve what we want to do. ON POINT! I'm still mid-reading the book but will talk about it soon. 



I have fallen back in love with the Benefit Rockateur blush and its rosy glow. I feel that this colour is good all-year-round with its gold sheen and the subtle colour it gives to the cheeks. With my tan/sandy complexion, I love using orangey tones during the summer months but wanted to find a different shade for the colder months. When I found this shade, I feel in love with it. It is that rosy, plumy hue with specks of gold and glitter that makes me feel more alive during the dull gold months. 


Another Benefit recent love, Benefit's Roller Lash Mascara is another recent discovery. A lot of my friends had tried this recently released mascara and had some that this was better than the They're Real mascara. Different from They're Real mascara, the brush head is curved so allowed for a better 'lift'. I would say that this isn't as volumizing, but definitely lengthens and gives more curve. The lasting power is also amazing, my eyelashes are the most stubborn of hairs but this mascara seemed to give the best hold. *thumb up*


Went on the hunt for a fresh and subtle scent suitable for work and decided to try this one out. Philosophy's Living Grace fragrance spray seems to give that smell of fresh laundry but with a hint of water freshness. Once sprayed on my skin, it gives off more of a floral scent and that addicting fresh laundry smell lingers after...

Phew! That was a lot at once (after months of MIA). I hope you enjoyed it and please stay tuned for the Be Jolie series. 
Hope you are well. 



Love,

Vivien

No comments:

Post a Comment