Jan 16, 2015

Skincare Routine || AM Edition



Happy New Year, Everyone!! It's been a while since I've updated anything on the blog. I am so sorry. I'm in my final year of uni, and have been very busy lately. However, we have moved into 2015, and so I feel like a new beginning to everything (including this blog).

I'm going to share my morning skincare routine during the colder months. I have sensitive, acne-prone, combination skin (quite complicated, I know), and so I have gone a long way to find products that are suitable for me. I wouldn't say that these are 'the products' for my skin, as I'm still trying out products. But these are the products I'm currently using every morning.



Anyway, without further a-do, here's my morning routine (mentioned in order they are used):
After I wash my face, I wipe the Simple Pore Minimizing Toner on my fresh face with a cotton pad. This is a relatively new product. I have not seen any results of the 'pore minimising' properties shown on my face (I have visible pores on my nose), however, this product doesn't irritate my skin and isn't drying at all. I can't comment on the efficacy as it is still quite new to my skin, but, so far, it has not done anything. Next, I apply La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo all over my face. This is a favourite of mine for the past 2-ish years. It keeps my blemishes at bay and, if there is really is a zit, it makes the zit die faster (you would want it to 'DIE!' when it's the cystic kind). I have talked about this in a previous post, so check that out for more detail. After zit prevention, I apply moisturizer, and my latest love is the Avene Hydrance Optimale Light. I have seen some people use effaclar duo as a moisturizer, however, I find it quite drying, so I add an extra layer of moisture. This product is great for sensitive skin (as it contains spring water) and the light consistency is perfect for my oily skin. Finally, to fix my dark circles, I use the Botanics All Bright Refreshing Eye Roll-on. The tip has a metal rolling ball, where you could massage the product onto your eye bags. A friend recommended this to me, and I think this is a budget-friendly product. The metal tip depuffs my eyes in the morning, and tightens it. I wouldn't say it's REALLY effective, but good enough for depuffing my eyes. After all this, my lips get chapped extremely easily during the winter, so I use the Vaseline Pink Bubbly jelly to keep them moisturized.

So, that's it!! I hope you enjoyed the post. In 2015, I hope I will be able to post more frequently and share more with you guys.
Thank you so much, hope you are well.


Love,               


Vivien


No comments:

Post a Comment