Jul 31, 2018

Four Summer Skincare Must-haves




I’ve had a very busy summer travelling here and there, especially to tropical, beachy destinations. To save my skin from the piercing sun, I’ve used these products religiously and I’m happy to say that I came back with better, healthier-looking skin. So this is what saved my skin:

ANESSA Perfect UV Sunscreen Skincare Milk

A holy grail item right here! I cannot recommend this sunscreen enough, I’ve recommended this to my girlfriends with passion (cut to me shouting at the drug store with excitement). This sunscreen is great for beach and outdoor holidays. It's very water resistant (I could still feel it after swimming) yet feels so light on the skin. Contrary to common belief, it doesn't have that powdery feel (most water proof sunscreens do) when applied, it felt like applying a light gel and very quickly absorbs into the skin. They called this product ‘skincare milk’ because they claim that it contains 50% skincare ingredients to calm, moisturise and repair the skin. Personally, I didn’t see any visible different before and after using the sunscreen, but it does feel moisturising when applied and I never felt gross at the end of the day. Another great feature is their ‘Aqua Booster’ technology, claiming that when in contact with sweat and water, the product provides stronger protection (kinda gross if you think about it, but if it enhances the strength, it’s fine by me). Again, I wasn’t able to test this out with controls but despite being under the 35 degree sun at noon on the beach, I didn't get sunburnt or horribly tanned.

Click here to find out more! (YOU NEED TO GET THIS!)

La Roche Posay Serozinc Spray

I have already used La Roche Posay products for years now, particularly their line targeted for acne-prone skin. This was a wonderful discovery. Like most thermal water sprays, it soothes and calms the skin. It feels great to mist over your face after a full day under the sun. Also, it contains an active ingredient: Zinc sulfate, which helps with skin repair and renewal and also modulates inflammation. This product really does calm my active acne. After using this as a toner, my skin feels less inflamed, the number of blackheads and pumps also decrease after a week of consistent use.

You'll be able to buy it here


Kiehl’s Hydro-Plumping Re-texturing Serum Concentrate

This helped rehydrate my skin after the long days out. It’s a gel consistency and when u massage it, turns into a water-like consistency, very quickly absorbed into the skin. Because it’s so light, it doesn’t clog my pores or aggravate my acne at all. There isn’t much to be said, it’s a solid hydrating serum. This is my 4th bottle. 

Quick tip: Always apply your serum before your skin has fully absorbed your toner, it helps the serum work its miracles.

Read more reviews about this holy grail, here

Dr Jart+ Soothing Hydra Solution Mask

This was a recommendation from my facial lady. It’s a sheet mask that calms irritated skin. The cellulose fiber mask is very soft and absorbs most of the serum in the packet, the thinness of the mask helps your face to absorb the serum better. Nothing’s better than slapping on a mask and knowing that your skin would magically heal. This mask is great for acne and also sunburnt skin.

Quick tip: I always try to wring all the serum out and slap if on areas I want extra moisture, or massage it into my neck and elbows.

If you’re interested, check it out here.

Let me know if you know any skincare products you think I HAVE to get for summer below!

Hope you are well.


Love,

Vivien


No comments:

Post a Comment